Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to get TSP True Duals but....

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Want to get TSP True Duals but....

Want to get TSP True Duals with sweet thunders but just got two questions:
- will they work/fit with the factory torque arm ?
- and how much should a shop charge me for fabricating some 2.5" tail pipes going under the axle ?
Old 04-29-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

They work with the factory torque arm no problem. some of the aftermarkets are iffy with duals for fitment. idk about cost out the back. i have the TSP TDs w/ STs and love them
Old 04-29-2006, 09:29 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Under the axle will most likely be cheaper than over the axle. An over job can be anywhere from 200-450$.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Go with over the axle duals. A good muffler shop tech should be able to fit them up nice and neat with no problem. You will have a much less ground clearence problem by going over the axle than you will have with an under the axle system. You know that you can run both 2 1/2 inch pipes side by side down the passangers side of the car and on over the axle without any frame or suspension modifications. We designed and built an over the axle dual exhaust system for the forth generation F-Body cars several years ago with the idea of selling them through mail order. But we never offered it. Our dual exhaust system can be adopted to be used with stock manifolds and catalytic converters, short or long headers or just about any other configuration you might come up with. Maybe we should offer our "complete" dual exhaust system to all you F-Body car guys through mail order. Our dual exhaust system was designed to be the perfect exhaust system for the forth generation F-Body.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:12 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for quick replies, I think that nothing can stop me now from getting TD !!!
Old 04-30-2006, 07:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just buy some mufflers and go to a shop and have it custom fabbed all the way back. I did that for the price of TSP duals. Under the axle...zero clearance issues. I have more room under the car now than when it was stock. I'll post some pics. The benefit of having it custom made all the way back is that it is tailor-made for your car and will fit like a glove.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:26 AM
11 Second Club

Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

99Hawk262 This looks awesome, the ground clearance is great, maybe I should try talking to my local shop see how much would they charge for a similar setup, before I’ll order anything. All you guys out there, Is there any reason you would think that its better to get the TSP ones over custom TD setup?????
Old 04-30-2006, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

I have about $475 in my exhaust not including the headers. I paid 350 for the Pacesetters and ORY, but sold the Y for $100. So a grand total of $725! Not too shabby! TSP makes am awesome system, but it will never tuck up that well. I know this is 2.5" and the TSP is 3", but even so, my clearance is better than a stock Y-pipe. I'm just a huge advocate of custom systems because they fit so much better, you get EXACTLY what you want without any sacrifices and those pipes under the axle look really sweet.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

id go custom, my buddys TSP TD setup hangs WAY to low, the turndowns are no more than a inch and a half off the ground. over a small dip in the road it ripped the bullet right off and he didnt even notice it. luckly it was in my sub and i could find it. 99hawk262's setup i k now not only looks clean but sounds amazing. i have a video on my computer of someone with sweetthunders on a camaro with heads and cam..i might beable to host it.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

yeah that would be nice, and you guys provide some good points, I think I'll see If I can get my local shop fabricate some duals for a resonable price, If not I'll go with TSP. Thanks a lot for your help, ohh and by the way, where do I get Sweet thunder mufflers from, if I decide to go custom???
Old 04-30-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"id go custom, my buddys TSP TD setup hangs WAY to low, the turndowns are no more than a inch and a half off the ground"

thats wierd. my tsp's have 4.5-5 inches throughout, and if i wanted I could get more clearance. i think your buddy put his on wrong, perhaps upside down. i put my x-pipe on upside down at first and only had 3inches of clearance, flipped it the right way and now have about a coke can all the way through.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

i just got my tsp duals on, and im lowered with a pro kit, and they hang way low, f i have someone in the car it scrapes all the time, so im gonan go to the exhasut shop see if they can bend them up some from the back and maybe **** with it for better clearance.