Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK 80mm TB disapointment

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BBK 80mm TB disapointment

welp i was helping a friend put his new BBK TB on yesterday. evorything was going smooth untill i noticed how shitty of a design it was........ the TB, adapter and the gasket did not lign up worth a damn. once i started bolting it up the passenger side coolant line ran straight into the side of the water pump. looks liek we get to do the tb bypass. and one more last thing, we had to cut up his smooth bellow just to get it to fit.

is all of this normal or did he get a dud? seems like he got riped off to me.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Teching In

You can bend the 3 pipes on the T.B. with whatever the smallest deep socket you can fit on it, fit it on there then slowly bend it in the direction you want it to go.
The reason you have to cut the bellow is because of the metal adapter reducer plate that comes with the t.b. , It pushes out your intake length 3/4 of an inch or so, so you have to trim the bellow to compensate for it, If not it will push the lid up and the hood will rub on the lid,
The gasket will also have to be trimmed because they made generic to fit more than one application.
Your friend would of been better off with a ported t.b.
Good luck with the car running normal because when i installed my bbk t.b. it messed with the IAC and messed with my idle so it had to be tuned
Old 05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

likemins0mnia said you can bend the lines with a socket... i did the bypass on mine....and i had to trim my smooth bellows to get it to fit...and i had to adjust idle with the little allen screw on the bottom where the linkage hooks up...and had to adjust throttle cable....nothing major, but for the money i should have had it ported and saved a few bucks...it looks nice though!!!! but from what ive heard most everybody has the same problems (with the exception of the idle problems i had with mine(no big deal though)