Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR - AIR - O2 Sensors - Motor/Tranny mount FAQ!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the EGR delete how-to link???
Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

I saw it in the OPs post about the Predator Tuner. Has anyone tried this? I have one and it does have an entire "section" about deleting O2 sensors.
Just wondering if anyone KNOWS whether its just deleting the codes or not.
They go used for a little over $100.. and have already helped me in a few areas..
(speedo..fan on/off.. tstat..etc)
Old 04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
I am with these guys can anyone answer this because I need to know what is the deal with the scanner. Also if I delete a SES code right before the smog scan test will that give me a not ready code?
Just deleting the codes is not enough. I believe he code has to be deleted and the computer tuned to tell the monitors the system is ready. Some just tune the computer to turn the light off, but this does not prevent the computer from storing the trouble code, which would make you fail a OBDII scan test.

I believe the tuner can set all the monitors to ready while tuning except for the EVAP. That code takes a few key cycles to set.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at putting long tube headers on my 02 Z28 and a true dual exhaust system. Here in south-central PA all they do is a gas cap test and check the computer for OBDII errors. There is no sniffer test. The brochure for PA emissions only lists those 2 things, and doesn't say anything about a visual inspection of the exhaust system, so I'm guessing I could get away without cats (although I supposed gutted cats would be safer). I'm going to talk to my mechanic first who does the emissions testing (family friend) and also the exhaust shop I'm going to get the work done at (because I'm thinking about a custom job so there aren't any clearance or fitting problems).

So, my question is, how do I find a tuner who will tune out the rear 02 sensors? Are there any links here on this website to find sponsors of this site who do this work?

I want to buy the Bosch 13111 for upstream, and have the downstream tuned out so I don't need any. I assume this will allow me to pass emissions inspection. Am I correct? My mechanic will be the best bet but he is always busy as hell so I figured I'd ask ya'll in the mean time.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"Go to LS1tech.com, click the top right button, and search sponsers by zip code and distance. You can also do a mail order if you don't have access to it. You just ship them your PCM, they edit it, and ship it back."

Uhhh, I guess I should read. Still, am I correct that this should pass emissions since there is no sniffer test?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

PA sounds about the same as NC, they only check the computer for engine codes...no sniffer. my PCM has been tuned out for the catless codes....I've gotten away with it here, I don't see why you wound't either...
Old 04-16-2010, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by X-ray
I'm looking at putting long tube headers on my 02 Z28 and a true dual exhaust system. Here in south-central PA all they do is a gas cap test and check the computer for OBDII errors. There is no sniffer test. The brochure for PA emissions only lists those 2 things, and doesn't say anything about a visual inspection of the exhaust system, so I'm guessing I could get away without cats (although I supposed gutted cats would be safer). I'm going to talk to my mechanic first who does the emissions testing (family friend) and also the exhaust shop I'm going to get the work done at (because I'm thinking about a custom job so there aren't any clearance or fitting problems).

So, my question is, how do I find a tuner who will tune out the rear 02 sensors? Are there any links here on this website to find sponsors of this site who do this work?

I want to buy the Bosch 13111 for upstream, and have the downstream tuned out so I don't need any. I assume this will allow me to pass emissions inspection. Am I correct? My mechanic will be the best bet but he is always busy as hell so I figured I'd ask ya'll in the mean time.

if you have the rears tuned out and the cat codes tuned out you shouldnt have issues with the front o2s...i have the same standards as you for the test and i have long tubes with gutted cats...only have the rears tuned out and the cat codes gone and havent thrown any front o2 codes...which codes are you getting?
Old 04-16-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
which codes are you getting?
I'm not getting any codes because I still have the stock exhaust. I was just checking if I could do it legally, and I think I can. I changed my mind about the Boschs though. Some people still got a code with them so I think I'll just buy an extension and use the stock 02 sensors first, and upgrade if they don't work.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

I'm not getting any codes because I still have the stock exhaust. I was just checking if I could do it legally, and I think I can. I changed my mind about the Boschs though. Some people still got a code with them so I think I'll just buy an extension and use the stock 02 sensors first, and upgrade if they don't work.
thats what you should do...as long as you delete the rear codes and cat codes you should be ok to pass emission....what headers are you going with? (sorry if you already said that but im not going back through the thread lol)
Old 04-16-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
what headers are you going with?
Well I read SLP's pitch about their tuned length headers, and I was like "OMG these are so great!" Then I did some forum searching and realized they weren't so great. So if I go stainless they'll be Kooks or QTP long tubes. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money though. I've got more studying to do.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 AM
12 Second Club

Well I read SLP's pitch about their tuned length headers, and I was like "OMG these are so great!" Then I did some forum searching and realized they weren't so great. So if I go stainless they'll be Kooks or QTP long tubes. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money though. I've got more studying to do.
FWIW i got some coated pacesetters and I'm happy with the sound and performance...and mainly the price
Old 04-17-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

all depends on u bro. I bought Kooks LT's and are freaking awesome. I know I have the best of the best and am proud of it
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Launching!

Heyyy quick question. I saw the picture of the freeze plug to buy at an autoparts store to plug the intake manifold after removing the EGR. I just bought the pacesetter race headers, so does that plug actually work? Do i need anything to plug any of the AIR stuff?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98z28CamaroJG
Heyyy quick question. I saw the picture of the freeze plug to buy at an autoparts store to plug the intake manifold after removing the EGR. I just bought the pacesetter race headers, so does that plug actually work? Do i need anything to plug any of the AIR stuff?
yes you would, check out WS6 store, they sell fabbed block-off plates for the AIR and EGR
Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Launching!

Perfect! Now i just need the EGR block off plate for the manifold right? Nothing for the AIR cuz i'm getting the race headers?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok, so I have read this thread and unless my blind *** missed something.... I just got my 94 Z-28 home today, and while driving the SES comes on and off, I know it's an EGR code, if I delete it the SES stays on with no draw back in performance just annoying, and from what I gathered a hit in MPG's. Is it really worth the like 130$ to replace that damn thing in the long run, granted I am coming off a turbo 4 cyl awd car that got 30 mpg almost. O and if I do delete it, where would I be able to have the PCM tuned, still learning the F-bodies
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BoostedDSM
Ok, so I have read this thread and unless my blind *** missed something.... I just got my 94 Z-28 home today, and while driving the SES comes on and off, I know it's an EGR code, if I delete it the SES stays on with no draw back in performance just annoying, and from what I gathered a hit in MPG's. Is it really worth the like 130$ to replace that damn thing in the long run, granted I am coming off a turbo 4 cyl awd car that got 30 mpg almost. O and if I do delete it, where would I be able to have the PCM tuned, still learning the F-bodies
MAYBE a hit in MPG, depends wtf ur talking about...lol you said, " If I delete IT..." lol what is "IT"? =P

and here http://www.pcmforless.com/ , they are in with Tick Performance so they should be a sponser...not sure :\

if not, mods forgive me since they work with Tick perf.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well being an EGR related thread that is the "it" I was talking about lol, I probably will delete it and say screw it though to be honest.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i deleted my EGR when i got longtubes and saw no change, if anything better MPG from deleting EGR. but that is also cause i started to lay off the gas due to such a loud car...lol oh well, still got better MPG's. got 28 on the way to LA one time!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

does anybody know where on long island i can go to get codes tuned out, he said on the post that they would do it for like 75, so id really like to get it done cheap

Quick Reply: EGR - AIR - O2 Sensors - Motor/Tranny mount FAQ!