Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout after each header

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Temple, TX Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutout after each header

anyone running this ???i currently have a cutout in the i pipe and am thinking about doing this after i put my cam in....with electric cutouts of course ... i guess my question is would it be a lot louder than my one cutout in the i pipe and also would it have enough back pressure to run safely ???
Old 05-06-2006, 11:30 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be louder than 1 cutout, it will run safely, but don't expect to gain any power out of it.

Lots of guys run dual cutouts. Do a search, you'll probably find some information.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

i bet u would get a gain out of it, i know when i had my headers put on it was EFFIN crazy when they werent connected to my exhaust, and it calmed it down when i connected them. And it sounds like a super beast, i loved it, but everytime i hit the gas, i got scared........dunno why just so loud!
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jessedale98
i bet u would get a gain out of it, i know when i had my headers put on it was EFFIN crazy when they werent connected to my exhaust, and it calmed it down when i connected them. And it sounds like a super beast, i loved it, but everytime i hit the gas, i got scared........dunno why just so loud!
90% of the gain on a cam'd LS1 will be in your head (and everyone else's for 2 states) if you run dual cutouts. A cutout in the I-pipe will give you plenty of flow.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

A cutout in the I-pipe will give you plenty of flow. sure it will,
but will it scare old ladies crossing the street?