Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast vs. LS6 Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fast vs. LS6 Intake?

I am looking for my next mod to be either an LS6 intake, FAST intake, or a Torque Converter...... I will probably go with the Torque converter for now, however, when the time comes to do my intake I was wanting to know if it is really neccessary to go with the FAST intake over the LS6.... I will end up doing heads and cam down the line but the LS6 intakes seem to be going for about $300 and the FAST intakes for about $1100.... I mean that's a big *** difference in price.... I'm probably not going to be going with nitrous later on down the line... I am leaning more towards Forced Induction.. so the direct port capabilities of the FAST doesnt really interest me either. Which should i go with?

Also, what are the average HP gains in switching from the LS1 intake to the LS6 intake? is it really something i would notice in the SOTP? Thanks!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:18 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are about 42 threads about this on the FIRST PAGE. Do a SEARCH.

You will have STOP from an LS1-->LS6 swap, gains are about 10-15rwhp on a bolton car, more once you do internals. Even if you pay $300 for an LS6 intake now, you can always turn around and re-sell it, as they don't "wear out".
Old 05-07-2006, 11:38 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
There are about 42 threads about this on the FIRST PAGE. Do a SEARCH.

You will have STOP from an LS1-->LS6 swap, gains are about 10-15rwhp on a bolton car, more once you do internals. Even if you pay $300 for an LS6 intake now, you can always turn around and re-sell it, as they don't "wear out".
Lol "Seat The Of Pants"
Old 05-07-2006, 11:40 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Lol "Seat The Of Pants"
YEAH SO WAHT>?!?!?!?!?!?!~!??!!~?!>?!? Thas how I roll...........

It really stands for Some Times Orangeapeel Poststoodamnmuchconsideringhe'sretarded.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
It really stands for Some Times Orangeapeel Poststoodamnmuchconsideringhe'sretarded.
And that is very true.