Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning compressor pulley bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning compressor pulley bearings?

Is it possible to replace the pulley bearing without discharging the system? And is there a write up on how to do it? I found out today that my pulley bearing is bad on my 98 6 speed.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the actual compressor clutch or the tensioner/idler pullies? I tried to buy a new clutch the other day for my compressor, and found that you can't even order them from a parts store.

Why did someone tell you the bearings were out? If it's just making a helluva-lotta noise, the compressor is probably about to go out.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
In the actual compressor clutch or the tensioner/idler pullies? I tried to buy a new clutch the other day for my compressor, and found that you can't even order them from a parts store.

Why did someone tell you the bearings were out? If it's just making a helluva-lotta noise, the compressor is probably about to go out.
With the A/C off it was making alot of noise, so I took the belt off and spun the pulley. It makes alot of noise and is very rough feeling when you turn it real slow. So I'm hoping I can just replace the bad bearing if it is possible. I do 99.9% of all the repairs that my toys need.