Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed ported TB!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installed ported TB!!

whats up guys?! I just installed a ported TB and my RPM's kinda go up and down a lil bit when idling for just a second. I noticed it didnt do that with the stock tb. Is this normal? any comments on this and anything dealing with after installing a ported tb. TIA
Old 05-13-2006, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlashley2001ss
whats up guys?! I just installed a ported TB and my RPM's kinda go up and down a lil bit when idling for just a second. I noticed it didnt do that with the stock tb. Is this normal? any comments on this and anything dealing with after installing a ported tb. TIA
Who ported it? Kinda sound like it is over ported down in by the blade. it may come out of it after it runs for a while. Sometimes it take a little time for the pcm to adjust.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah im thinkin thats what it is. i mean its not bad or anything, i just know it wasnt doing that before. i dont guess its hurting anything is it?
Old 05-13-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jlashley2001ss
yeah im thinkin thats what it is. i mean its not bad or anything, i just know it wasnt doing that before. i dont guess its hurting anything is it?
Does it do it just when you first start it or does it do it all the time? Either way it won't hurt but it's a pain in the butt. The first TB I ported for my vette I done an overkill on it . It done the same thing so i had to get another tb. I ported the second one and now all is fine.

i
Old 05-13-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

did the person fill in the "hole" in the mouth of the tb? he may not have left enough air passage for the Idle Air Control valve (black stepper motor on side of tb).
Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grimes
did the person fill in the "hole" in the mouth of the tb? he may not have left enough air passage for the Idle Air Control valve (black stepper motor on side of tb).
yeah im not sure id have to check. would you guys worry about it or just let it go? the only real notice is when i come to a stop it doesnt idle down right when it should, it takes a second. After it idles down its fine, smooth.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

not really a problem, it just may be annoying, like said before.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

so now problems here guys? If i was planning on doing a cam soon would this fix that problem b/c i emailed the guy and he said it was intended for a cam'd car so if i were to get a cam put in it would be just fine.