Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debating on going with duals...need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Debating on going with duals...need some opinions

Yes I know this topic has been beaten to death.

Someone offered me a trade. They want to get rid of their 2.5'' Xpipe w/dynomax bullets. They want my Mac ORY pipe(the duals are made for the mac's).

I just don't know what to do. I'd be going from a SLP dual/dual catback to 12'' bullets dumped. I think that's gonna be hella loud..right? I was thinking that if I didn't like the bullets(which I probably won't) I could spend a few bucks on the Moroso spiral flows or something. Here's my main delima though, I'm lowered. I'm not changing that. I like my car with the pro-kit and I have no plans on changing the car back to stock ride height.

Also, even with the SLP dual/dual I have a little bit of rasp between 1800-2300 as most no catted cars do. I was thinking that if I DID keep the catback I could also throw a spiral flow in the I-pipe and see if that gets ride of it.

I know most people are going to say it's all personal preference but I'd like some opinions. I'm sure just keeping the catback is an easier, less headache option but I want duals as well lol. I don't know...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frosty
I'm sure just keeping the catback is an easier, less headache option but I want duals as well lol. I don't know...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
basically summed it up right there. It'll sound better with duals, be louder, and more smelly in traffic. The only downside to having a loud exhaust for me at least, is that when I do NEED to get on it, and I don't want to look for cops over my shoulder I always get a little hesitant to open it up.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Insanely loud isn't always better lol
Old 05-14-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

duals sound better than any catback out there IMO
Old 05-14-2006, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

What about being lowered, it's not all about sound you know.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:18 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Clearance is going to be a problem. If you can get them tucked up really good though, you may not run into that many problems.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

some people think about this and some dont. but how picky are the cops in the area? and what emissions how strict are they? ive had true duals but they came over the axle and i personally didnt think it was loud but everyone said it was loud. i could be heard 4-5 blocks away easily . basically if you like and can deal with a loud car then do it. if not keep the catback. good luck on your decision.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lithium
Clearance is going to be a problem. If you can get them tucked up really good though, you may not run into that many problems.
I'm toying with the idea of keeping the dual/dual but do you think adding a spiral flow onto the Ipipe would get rid of the small rasp and maybe make the exhaust a little louder or at least change the tone?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
some people think about this and some dont. but how picky are the cops in the area? and what emissions how strict are they? ive had true duals but they came over the axle and i personally didnt think it was loud but everyone said it was loud. i could be heard 4-5 blocks away easily . basically if you like and can deal with a loud car then do it. if not keep the catback. good luck on your decision.
Not worried about the cops or emissions