Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers installed!

Guys! I finally installed my QTP headers w/ true duals. The header install didnt go as smoothly as expected, but thats what i get for not having the right tools. Oh well, i can honestly say it feels good to have done the install myself. (with the help of my dad and bro) Well, the true duals are another story. I went to the shop and took my universal x pipe and sweet thunders and they fabbed me up a true dual setup out the back. But...it sucks. It sounds completely awesome! I swear its too good to be true. Way too good to be true, but it is. Well, the sound is awesome but the clearance is HORRIBLE. No clearance whatsoever. Only about an inch and a half tops. i noticed this after the install, when i was leaving the shop. They said they would take care of it this coming week and i agreed. (stupidly enough) Well, now i cant drive my car at all. It hits everything! It drags everything! Im so pissed! What do i do guys? Im pretty frustrated and was hoping i could get some ideas. Do i:

have them build me a whole new system using 2.5 diameter tubing and a fabbed up x pipe 2.5 as well? (currently running 3" to 2.5 sweeth thunders to 2.5 pipes to 2.5 tips)

remove my subframe connectors and fab and bend and tuck my current pipes closer to the floorpans?

keep the 3" piping but have them fab up a really narrow 3" x pipe?

please guys, help me out. i want my car sounding good and DRIVEABLE too.
p.s: if i go to 2.5" piping will the sound change alot? because i absolutely love how it sounds now!!! sorry for no pics or sound clips, i have no technological aids.

thanks for your opinions and help
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Resident

When I first put my TSP true-duals on they hung waaaay to low, and I too hit them on everything, I just delt with it for a few days until I could re-hang them so they gave me better clearance.

The TSP kit is 3" so it can be done, if the system you have now can't be adjusted then maybe you should show them a few pics of a TSP or other TD system so they can make one that will tuck up high enough.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

yeah, if TSP can do it then these guys should be able to fab something up. i will get some pics of the kit and show them to 'em. thanks man. anymore ideas folks?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:53 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by musclebird69
yeah, if TSP can do it then these guys should be able to fab something up. i will get some pics of the kit and show them to 'em. thanks man. anymore ideas folks?
Theres pics of the TSP kit in my signature. It shows how well you can make them tuck with enough work, especially the pics before the cats/extensions were on.