Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modded my ram air

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modded my ram air

Ok so i did some reading on BG's page and took the baffles out of the hood, I noticed nothing till i was able to seal up the hood and the lid. It took all of 30 min. to drill out the rivets. I was able to seal up the hood and the lid with a $10 roll of self sticking weather stripping from autozone. All i did was cleaned up the back side of the ram air on the hood and put the self sticking weather stripping on the clean portion all the way around the hole and it sealed up good with the lid. With the hood up you cant hardly tell that its there( only see a little black) with the hood close you cant tell at all unless you look directly through the nostrols close up. I havnt notice alot of power increase but the throttle response was better!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Can you post some pictures? Some from the inside/out as well as the snorkel side looking in (with hood closed).

Thanks!
Eric
Old 05-19-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did something similar but put the weatherstripping on both the lid and the hood.

The picture in this link shows the stripping around the mouth of the lid.

http://www.carstereo.com/installs/ph...w=1&maxrows=12