Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any theories or ideas?? Area behind license

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any theories or ideas?? Area behind license

I first saw this done on a supped up trans am, trubo, intercooler and everything. What the person had done was cut behind the front license plate plastic out and put an intercooler right behind that. Now I don't have a turbo or anything like that, but i wondered if cutting that out would help with flow or cooling. I'd still have the cover able to bolt on but on nice summer days i'd take it off. Would this cause a problem cause more air resistance? Do anything to help the car? And if nothing else look cool? Any ideas appreciated thanks!
Old 05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a big *** bumper support behind the bumper cover. It's made out of a styrofoam like material that some people remove to save weight, as it's pretty heavy and on the very nose of the car.

I think you could fab up some kinda ram air system to go there that would help, but I doubt it would help cooling (not that you really need extra cooling yet). It would be different at least. If you decide to go for it, take lots of pictures.

I still have mine in case I decide to ram somebody one day.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/449841-new-big-gulp-mod.html
http://www.getonitracing.net/members...rontscoop1.jpg

If you can find any shots of it... PAiN had a killer setup like that back ~4 years ago.