Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions before Install of TSP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions before Install of TSP?

HUGE NOOB!! going to attempt to install the TSP duals and had a couple of questions. ive searched and read all the posts but im looking under the car to get an idea and right about half way down there is what looks like a support brace bolted with four bolts. its about 2 feet long and my catback now goes over the support however in the pics ive seen its not even there and i dont see how the duals will go on with it on. what is it and is it ok to remove it? also is there really a need to remove the seat back, it looks like the seats themselves should be enough. sorry but one last question, i know dirtyjohns write up he put the car on blocks, where is the safest jacking point to jack the front up? any other tips and suggestions would really help....thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can take off the support, and run without it (doesn't really do much as far as support)
Seats, don't know about that
Safe place to jack the front, K member, just watch out for the oil pan
Old 05-20-2006, 03:23 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ What he said. ^^^

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
You don't have to take the rear seats out. You can pop the hatch, remove the sailpanels/speakers. Then you can fold down the rear seat and pull the carpet up from the back. Pull it toward the front of the car. You will be able to get your FENDER washers/nuts and wrenches down there.

When you get done, just stuff the carpet back under the side panels, replace the sail panels and shut the hatch.

You could do it in 2 minutes if you're violent enough.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search for a post i started. has pics and sound clips