Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP TRUE DUAL guys inside PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP TRUE DUAL guys inside PICS!!!

I installed my TSP true dual system but i wonder if i messed up at all. Are they to low or is it just me????

Old 05-27-2006, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

look a little low, but not rediculus. a few things u can check are: which way is ur X pipe facing. its not universal top and bottom. also, did u hang the hangers with the rear axle hanging?

the first time i hung mine, i scraped absolutely everywhere cause my axle was hangin when i hung it. had like 1 1/2 of clearance. urs looks decent. since i rehung it(cut the hangers and rewelded it), i don't scrape anywhere
Old 05-27-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya i did that at first also i welded it and found out that when i put my car down off the lift i had about 1/2inch of clearence so i cut the hanger and welded it up a little more so now this is what i have i didnt know that about the X pipe how can you tell whats up from down is it noticeable??
Old 05-27-2006, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

look at your x-pipe from the side, if it seems to go down then come up you have it on the right way, if the x-pipe seems to go up then come down you have it on upside down. when its all said and done you should have about 4-5 inches of clearance, closer to 5 on mine.

also unless you like interior rattles, turn the mufflers at a 45 degree angle, then put a jack or something underneath them to get them as high as possible without touching the body, then tighten your hangers down.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:34 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get them riding MUCH higher than that. There's some pics in my sig of how high mine are (before they were out the back).

The driverside bullet needed to be dented in to ride between the rear seat pan and the TQ arm. Did you flip the fuel line brackets? I would stick a board across the dumps, put a jack under that, and then jack it up as high as possible. Whatever it hits on, just beat the **** out of it untill it doesn't.

Quick Reply: TSP TRUE DUAL guys inside PICS!!!