Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cats

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cats

i have pacesetter long tubes, qtp catted off road y w/ flowmaster y-collector and magnaflow high-flow cats, an electric cutout, and a really quiet 2.5 inch 20TL catback and everything is cut and welded together nicely. The electric cutout is placed before the pipes shrink to 2.5 inch. I leave the cutout open all the time, so its prett much cats and no muffler. It sounds perfect, but do you think i should gut the cats, and leave the cutout closed, or leave the cats on and continue keeping the cutout open. I guess what im askin is which is more restrictive, 2 highflow cats w/ no muffler , or no cats but the pipes shrinking to 2.5 inch and a muffler. thanx.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehh if it sounds good keep it how it is.. The magnaflow cats dont restrict that much power anyways. I say dont gut the cats, with keeping the cats the way they are and keeping the cutout open all the time you wont lose all the low end torque I heard people say you lose when you have the cutout open. Plus you said its all welded together and nice dont screw it up, it would prob be difficult to get the same set up back again underneath.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to be a damper on your question, but I have locked 3 of these threads almost identical to each other in the last 10 minutes. Please use the search function.

BTW: Shrinking the pipe increases scavenging and there for you have more velocity. That is a good thing.