Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single or Dual Outet Catback Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 04:04 PM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Single or Dual Outet Catback Poll

How important is it for a catback to have dual outlets? I was thinking of running a straight through muffler off the i-pipe with a single outlet exiting on the passengerside would be a good way to save some weight. Although it might look kinda lame on the firebirds.

What do you people think?
Old 02-25-2003, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Single or Dual Outet Catback Poll

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dug:
<strong> ...Although it might look kinda lame on the firebirds.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Depends on the car- on the Trans Ams with two cutouts in the rear fascia it would be incredibley lame. On Firebirds with (relatively) straight rear fascias you could pull it off, but it would probably look wierd. On Camaros it works, I know a guy who's running no cats/no muffler and has just one pipe coming out the back on his Camaro. It looks fine.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:07 AM
dug
Banned

Default Re: Single or Dual Outet Catback Poll

Those of you who voted duals are a must, do you have a t/a?

I have to admit the slp dual dual cat back looks good on the camaro. Replacing the resonator on the loudmouth with a muffler would be a good compromise.