Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please...exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Restricted User - Non Spon Soliciting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please...exhaust question

I have the slp loudmouth. I love how it sounds at WOT. I am in ther market to buy some pacesetter headers. I am afraid that in time, even the coated ones will rust...is this true? I will be getting the catted y pipe with high flow cats from texas speed as well. They have a special. How good is this y pipe? Finally, I am VERY worried that this setup will be too loud. Is there a way I could add a muffler somewhere...maybe in replace of the resonator? Or where would I put it? If so, what kind of muffler should I go with?

I thought about another route. Ditching the loudmout in replace of texas speed true duals with mufflers + the pacesetters. If I do this, will it still be too loud? Can I have cats on my X or H pipe?

If someone would be so kind to answer all of these questions...that would greatly help with my decision.

thanks!

mikie
Old 06-04-2006, 10:21 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a breath....Try searching on these topics individually for best results. If you are worried about rust...get the stainless QTP HVMC headers or Kooks.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Resident

1. Yes even coated headers will rust, but not before the rest of your exhaust rusts off.

2. Headers and a Y-pipe will not make the loudmouth that much louder, maybe 10%.

3. If you are woried about noise do NOT get a true dual system.

4. Yes you can have an exhaust shop weld a muffler into you loudmouth, many people use borla mufflers due to their great sound (hence "borla-mouth" settups).
Old 06-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by *KANDY SS*
I have the slp loudmouth. I love how it sounds at WOT. I am in ther market to buy some pacesetter headers. I am afraid that in time, even the coated ones will rust...is this true? I will be getting the catted y pipe with high flow cats from texas speed as well. They have a special. How good is this y pipe? Finally, I am VERY worried that this setup will be too loud. Is there a way I could add a muffler somewhere...maybe in replace of the resonator? Or where would I put it? If so, what kind of muffler should I go with?

I thought about another route. Ditching the loudmout in replace of texas speed true duals with mufflers + the pacesetters. If I do this, will it still be too loud? Can I have cats on my X or H pipe?

If someone would be so kind to answer all of these questions...that would greatly help with my decision.

thanks!

mikie
dumped TD will be louder than the setup you are wanting, you should be fine with the LT and LM as long as you have cats. if it is still to loud you can get another muffler to replace the resonator, people ussually get dynomax or borla.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

My L.m. got raspy as hell after the QTP's and catted y-pipe .
w.o.t sound's good but anything inbetween is raspy like an elephant or trumpet lol i'm not liking it.
But i had to hear it for myself
Old 06-04-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic