Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knocking noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knocking noise?

I just bought an 01SS. car drives great, but I've noticed when I turn my car off after a ride I here a small knocking noise coming from under the car. I dont know if its from the engine or maybe the heat of the exaust(flowmaster) that is causing this. I've hered this same sound on other makes of cars but It kinda trips me out. It almost sounds like a small knock on a pan and it does it about once every minute after car being shut off and last about for 5 min.then goes away. It also does it when car is cold and I start it up. I am also pumping 87 unleaded fuel can this be a reason??? Is all this normal?Iam I just fraking out? someone help please.. I listen to a piston slap on the web and don't think its that. I'ts not a constant knock or a radle its just like when you turn your car off and park it you here a click noise, its just like that only I think mine does it alot.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what it is but let me suggest you start running 91+ in your car, we have over 10:1 compression from the factory.

Are you talking about the creaking/popping noise that comes from 90% of the cars on the road when you shut them off?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Are you talking about the creaking/popping noise that comes from 90% of the cars on the road when you shut them off?[/QUOTE]

yeah I think so. only mine does it when I first start it up. It does it maybe 3 times then goes away.mayben I am just freaking out.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Your running 87??? Just spring for the extra 10 cents a gallon and get premium...
Old 06-06-2006, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

yeah..my cousin has a t/a and he does the same never complained, but i guess I'll have to start running priemum