Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 06:07 PM
98Z
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudmouth?

Should I weld my loudmouth in or should i just leave it bolted?

thanx for any info
Old 03-10-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Loudmouth?

Just bolt it in. Mine is bolted in, and there are no leaks or anything. Plus, when it's bolted in, it'll be easier for you to get rid of it when you get long tubes. Trust me, you'll want to get rid of it with headers. It is waaaaay too loud.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Leave it clamped because one day, if it already hasnt, the mod bug will be biting you and you will be installing headers or something. that way you can remove it and resell it.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

you could always replace the resinator with a chambered muffler and it will sound great
Old 03-12-2003, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

just installed my lm on a ws6 a4...sounds tight..leave it bolted on due to the need to drop exhuast for numberous other mods later on ;-) but on another note:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ChrisV 02 - Z28:
<strong> installing headers or something. that way you can remove it and resell it. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">why would i need to ditch the lm when i get headers? maybe i'm just slow but headers -> y-pipe -> exhaust? obviously with headers u'd add a performance muffler to avoid getting popped on noise ordances cuz it'd be a source of migraines, lol, but why ditch the lm? like i said maybe i'm just slow....
Old 03-12-2003, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Yes bolt that bad boy in, just be sure not to over tighten so you dont crimp/dent the pipe. In hindsight I'm glad I bolted it because I will be doing for the center mount exhaust this summer and i can just unclamp the tips.

Also when adding headers, Ive heard the dynomax bullet in place of the resonator can delete rasp.

Mark
Old 03-12-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that most of it should just be bolted, but once I got my tips lined up straight, I marked them & then had them welded on to get rid of the ugly clamps. I polished up the weld marks & it looks great, like it was supposed to come that way from SLP.

Shay