Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My paceheaders came in but now having problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My paceheaders came in but now having problems

Hello everbody my paceheaders came in the other day and they are very nice. But now I am having a big problem after installation. It sounds very nice and loud through my Corsa exhaust and my cutout on my i-pipe which I have it running through my cutout. I got it installed and tuned at Revxetreme which they did a good job. But my problem is that when I was going to my dads house to drop my brother off. In his street he has speed bumps and when I was passing over them at a angle very slow I heard like grinding. I was like what the F@!@ when I got to his house I looked under my car and the clamps were like almost touching the ground. So I rejusted 2 clamps moved them a little bit up away from the ground some what. And now just driving I hear grinding I think I moved the driver side clamp to much which is agaisnt my car now. Im like freaking out man! don't no what 2 do. Also I think I should have my y-pipe souldred togheter so it sits a little higher some what. I am also on sportline springs I no very low. Please somebody help me. Sorry for all the writing but I need help from my f-body friends. Thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

i had the same problem i just got 3 in band clamps and used them or you can have it welded but u are setting very low for an aftermarket y pipe u will prob drag just a hair every now and again no matter what you do
Old 06-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Teching In

So does that mean every time I go over speed bumps I will drag even if I am welded. There is no way I could have the TSP offroad y-pipe moved a little. Does anybody with sportlines in here have that problem also. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Teching In

So does that mean everytime I go over a speedbump I will rub and grind even if I am welded. What about if I have the TSP offroad y-pipe moved a little bit. If anybody in here has sportlines also and has this problem fixed please let me me no what you did or what to do. Thanks
Old 06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can try to readjust the y pipe and put band clamps on there to help with the dragging problem, however, with readjusting the y pipe, you have to take floorboard banging into consideration - make sure you leave enuff clearance there