Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Amazing!!!

After a year of the same anoying problems thinking I needed to figure out my tune... I pulled my taylors and replaced them with MSD's.... Problems gone... No stutter... 6th gear does'nt have to be 85 mph .... drivability is back... the car scares me again.... Nothing like hitting 90 and having to shut it down with more go in 3rd gear...

One of the taylors had backed off a little from the plug on the rear passenger side, so my V7 LS1 hung with a stang...

one of the taylor wires was corroded on the end....
ebay taylors

long story short.. I'm a happy camper again... mod friendly to boot
Old 06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got it solved. A lot of folks make mistakes with simple things like wires, and many times a particular brand takes special care to get them on right leading to problems.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had a similar problem that i blamed on my tune...turned out to be a crappy o2 sensor and a very simple fix
Old 06-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Launching!

I still have the small delay I hit arround 3k RPM... off the top of my head it was my KR topping out at 15* when I had the scanner on it... I ran some 107 octane race fuel or something like that, but I still got the retard... so it was established I have false knock by the guy helping me when I was down in Cali.

So I have some bugs to iron out still, but I've made such a huge leap back into performance that I dont have near the worries I use to....