Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual question

So I am about at my wits end with my y-pipe caressing the floorboard and am thinking about getting some true duals. My only beef is that I want them to go out the back and not be dumped. Is it possible to achieve this feat and still not be super loud? What are the quietest mufflers I could put on it? I just for SURE do not want rasp and would prefer to be as quiet as possible. I am currently running FLP long tubes thru ORP's and 2OTL and it is pretty tame just idling but gets loud with my foot in it.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rynofasho
So I am about at my wits end with my y-pipe caressing the floorboard and am thinking about getting some true duals. My only beef is that I want them to go out the back and not be dumped. Is it possible to achieve this feat and still not be super loud? What are the quietest mufflers I could put on it? I just for SURE do not want rasp and would prefer to be as quiet as possible. I am currently running FLP long tubes thru ORP's and 2OTL and it is pretty tame just idling but gets loud with my foot in it.
I do believe any true duals besides bassani can be made to make it go out the back instead of dumps. Bassani makes their dual out to the back. I have bassani TDs btw.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Rynofasho, yes you can have true duals the goes over the axle and out the rear from beneath the bumper in the stock location and not be overly loud.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Duals will be louder however.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

duals may be loud at first, but youll definately get used to it. i know with my duals that just by turning the bullets at a 45 degree angle quieted down my exhaust a lot, to much actually. So id imagine duals out the back wouldnt be that loud at all. Well, theyll still be loud to the people outside the car.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Ryno, if you want some good duals out the back, just sell your Y-pipe setup and buy some TSP duals, then have Chad and Andy or a shop run them over/under the axle out to the back.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
Ryno, if you want some good duals out the back, just sell your Y-pipe setup and buy some TSP duals, then have Chad and Andy or a shop run them over/under the axle out to the back.

I'd get the TSP duals with the spiral flow's too, as they are the quietest ones they offer. Another set of them or a set of bullets in the under/over axle extensions would help make it a little more quiet.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:44 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

extensions do wonders for sound.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

BFH Ryan, That's how mad my Y is making me.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BatmobileSS
BFH Ryan, That's how mad my Y is making me.
I hear you man. It is making me absolutely crazy. I wouldnt mind some more drone and louder exhaust, but the thumping under WOT makes me ******* crazy! I PMed chad and andy about running duals over the axle because that is the only way I would do it. We will see.