Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum Diagram

Do any of you have a vacuum diagram for a 2000 LS1 motor?? I know that there is a port in back of the intake?? Do all the vacuum lines go there? If there is a diagram, could you post it up plz!! Thanks
Old 06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres 2 ports behind the manifold. One small one that points at the a/c box which operates the vent/floor/defrost flapper inside the a/c system, and a big one that goes to the brake booster.

The small one goes to a T, one side goes to the vacuum canister under the passenger side headlight via the wireloom on the passenger side fender, other side goes into the a/c system. Newer cars (not sure when it started) had a bit of vacuum system going to a part of the AIR system that looks like a black spaceship on the back of the intake manifold over by the brake booster, you can't miss it.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Theres 2 ports behind the manifold. One small one that points at the a/c box which operates the vent/floor/defrost flapper inside the a/c system, and a big one that goes to the brake booster.

The small one goes to a T, one side goes to the vacuum canister under the passenger side headlight via the wireloom on the passenger side fender, other side goes into the a/c system. Newer cars (not sure when it started) had a bit of vacuum system going to a part of the AIR system that looks like a black spaceship on the back of the intake manifold over by the brake booster, you can't miss it.
So, what's the vacum canister under the headlight for? Reason im asking is, I cut/took off the AC system and in the process, I cut the little vacum lines (did not know what they were at the time) and threw them away. Behind the cover I made, I still have the connection that runs to the AC/Heater system but for now, I just have the vacum port on the intake caped for now. So, am I needing to run the vacum port from the intake just to the AC/heater system to make the heater work? Or do I have to "T" it in to the canister as well? Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

Last edited by waterbug1999; 06-12-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:38 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
So, what's the vacum canister under the headlight for?
It gives you a little bit of volume to help operate the system. Imagine if you had an air hose with 50psi in it, you put on an impact wrench and hit the trigger, it would only spin for about 2 seconds.

Now if you attatched it to a 1 gallon tank, it would spin for longer.

The vacuum canister works on the same principle, but under vacuum instead of positive pressure.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Second Club

Well, why I was editing the post, you answered my question. I guess I need to "T" it to both areas (canister & AC/HEATER).
I also forgot to seal the cut out I made to cap the hole so now it blows, but blows out threw the firewall. So, Im just going to take the CPU out and hook the vacum lines up and seal it this time. Just got in too big of a hurry and wasnt thinking.

Do you know where I can get the pieces? I just need the connection ends as I can rig something up to connect them. (small hose and a clamp)
Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Well, why I was editing the post, you answered my question. I guess I need to "T" it to both areas (canister & AC/HEATER).
I also forgot to seal the cut out I made to cap the hole so now it blows, but blows out threw the firewall. So, Im just going to take the CPU out and hook the vacum lines up and seal it this time. Just got in too big of a hurry and wasnt thinking.

Do you know where I can get the pieces? I just need the connection ends as I can rig something up to connect them. (small hose and a clamp)
Autoparts stores usually have a nice selection of vacuum tubing and fittings to get 'er done with. You may be able to get away without running the vacuum canister and just running it to the a/c system. The vacuum is only for switching from floor to vent and what not.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Hell, now that I think about it, maybe there is an exact (some kind of quick connect) fitting that connects to the canister so I can cut that off and splice it too the heater/AC system. I just retained the heater (no need for AC in Minnesota) for the defroster and what not.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So there is not much to it then?? I seen some vacuum lines on the driver side intake? there are two small lines? Where do those go? i will post a pic today

Quick Reply: Vacuum Diagram