Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when i give it gas it dies?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when i give it gas it dies?

hey guys when i bought my car it was tuned with open headers and a little rich because of nitrous and it was in indiana. now i got the the car in texas and put on a 3 inch y pipe to a bullet and i was cruisin down the street and gave it some gas then it felt like no throttle response at like 5000 rpms. so finally it died on me on the side of the road. at first start up it will idle for a little while then die but you can smell the fuel. would i have to get a new tune because i think its runnin to rich because it s getting choked up on the y pipe. i dont know so help me out guys?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The y-pipe is probably not your problem. Tuning a car with O2 sensors with open headers is crazy, they might even be damaged now. You could look into getting a new set, I'd recommend Bosch 13111's, do a search on them. I'd re-tune the car with the current exhaust setup and see what it does. Have you tried changing the plugs? You can always take the y-pipe off and see if it goes back to the way it was, but that's probably not going to happen.

You may also have intake tract problems also.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i checked alot of things but im fixin to go gwt some new plugs, and wouldnt the o2's just make it run like ****? cuz it wont stay idiling now?