Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year headers do I have??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What year headers do I have??

I recently acquired a set of SLP headers and Off road Y pipe.

Here is the description of the headers.

Drivers Side: Second tube from the front there is an emmisions fitting on top of the primary parallel to the flange.

Passenger side: First tube from the front there is a emmisions fitting on top of the primary parallel to the flange. Also about 9 inches down on the same tube there is another emmisions fitting running horizontaly to the flange facing the front of the engine.

I hope someone can help me solve this mystery so I can get these headers on, because SLP sure couldn't. Also what other parts do I need for installation?

Thank You,
Bart

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Speedfreaks101 ]</small>
Old 03-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: What year headers do I have??

they sound like 98-00. the piece on the passenger side is for the EGR tube to hook up with. the piece on the driver side is for AIR tube hook up. The EGR is on 98-00. the AIR is on 2000 and up( not 100% sure on the "and up" part).
Old 03-30-2003, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: What year headers do I have??

What all do I need to install them? Should I buy the installation kit from SLP or can I get the parts form the hardware/autoparts store? Where is the best place to get O2 sims?
Thanks,
Bart