Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

catback system

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default catback system

Hi guys, I've got an 01 WS6 TA that I am thinking of gutting the converters on. First of all, do you think there is much performance gain in doing this? I realize I will need O2 simms. too. I already have an SLP Y-pipe and stock manifolds. My cat-back system is stock except for a Flow-Pro muffler. Stock pipe is 2 3/4" I think. Does the 3" system provide that much gain over my stock system? If I decide to go with a new catback system, would a Loudmouth be excessively loud with popping or "rasp" on decel? I've heard good things about the Hooker cat-back system too. Would that be my best choice with gutted cats? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: catback system

I had a Loudmouth and it was a bit to loud for me. I switched to the Hooker and I like that much better, as it is tuned sounding and I can talk inside and hear the radio. Instead of gutting the cats it may be better to save and get some headers if possible to maximize your exhast flow.