Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peice of Plastic/Sensor behind intake manifold broke!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peice of Plastic/Sensor behind intake manifold broke!

Ok, i'll make this short and sweet, had a horrible time trying to remove my intake manifold for painting (******* four bolts in the back under the cowl), luckily my 2 good mechanic friends came over to bail my idiot azz out and one of them broke something in the back.

Its at the VERY back of where the intake manifold sits, its BEHIND it. It sits on the engine itself. Its black and looks like it screwed into a metal thing. Looks like a sensor of some sort. I would have a pic of it by the same day from hell resulted in my digital camera being run over in the parking lot. One of my friends said he thinks if i get a large socket it will screw out, than i can take it to the dealer and find out what the hell it is. I am hoping maybe one of you guys know what i'm talking about.

Once again its at the back of the engine, under the cowl behind the intake, it has a plug for a wire and looks like it went into a peice of metal connected to the engine.

Any help would be great, thanks!
Old 03-30-2003, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Peice of Plastic/Sensor behind intake manifold broke!

That would be your oil pressure sending unit. Do a search on it if you want more info. A lot of guys have broken this doing intake swaps.
Old 03-30-2003, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Peice of Plastic/Sensor behind intake manifold broke!

I came across this on another thread, hopefully its what i broke!

took me a good afternoon to put my new one on and take off the old one be careful to when you get to the point of pulling it off the oil sensor unit is connected to the engine behind the intake and there is a hose that comes off the brakes and raps around behind the sensor and to the back of the intake I pulled before disconnecting this and snap cost me 50 bucks and 4 hours to find someone who carries this sensor. Secondly don't forget to reconnect the ac vacumm line on the back I did this as well and thought my ac unit was broke the dealer looked at the intake and said did you put that little hose on the back when you changed that out I said what little hose after digging around for about 35 minutes behind the intake I found it and put it back in teh connection

Quick Reply: Peice of Plastic/Sensor behind intake manifold broke!