Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! How to change fan settings to 180.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! How to change fan settings to 180.

I want to change my fan settings ONLY to start automatically at 180. How can I do that? I dont want to spend about $300 for a hpp3 neither tune the computer for $220. As they are very pricey because they include having many other "neat stuff" that I am not interested in.

A fan switch from SLP wont do it too since i would have to switch it on an off manually (not very practical for everday use). I have heard that there's a fan switch that would work on certain temperature automatically for you just as if the car was made to do so (you set whatever temperature that you wish and it just does it for you)

Can someone help me out? I have a 160 thermostat already all I want to do is to change the fan settings to 180 without paying too much $$$$.
Old 04-07-2003, 02:41 AM
11 Second Club

Default Re: HELP! How to change fan settings to 180.

Other than a manual switch, the only ways I'm aware of involve tuning (HPP3, Predator...)

Nate
Old 04-07-2003, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

would I be able to borrow someones hypertech programmer to set the fan settings?

I know that they came out with a new hhp3 for 2002s, would I be able to borrow an older one or the newer one and do it?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:15 AM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 2002_TAWS6:
<strong> would I be able to borrow someones hypertech programmer to set the fan settings?

I know that they came out with a new hhp3 for 2002s, would I be able to borrow an older one or the newer one and do it? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think HPP3's are VIN-locked, meaning they can't be shared.

After reading what it is you want to achieve (and what you don't want to do), you may find this solution interesting:

http://ls1info.com/article.php?sid=222

I performed this mod before I bought LS1-Edit, and it worked like a champ.//