Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just installed loudmouth w/ a SLP y-pipe and got a "buzzing" noise...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just installed loudmouth w/ a SLP y-pipe and got a "buzzing" noise...

after installing the exhaust, i drove the car, and it had this weird buzzing noise that felt like it was in the gear shifter. it's not that bad, but it's annoying. anyone expieriance this? oh, BTW, i checked twice and nothing is touching anywhere... please help...
Old 04-14-2003, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: just installed loudmouth w/ a SLP y-pipe and got a "buzzing" noise...

Are u sure its not an exhaust leak? maybe the y-pipe clamp isnt tight enough. other wise i have no idea. but i have a feeling thats what it is, good luck

Drew
Old 04-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Default Re: just installed loudmouth w/ a SLP y-pipe and got a "buzzing" noise...

it's the sheet metal heat shields- mine did the same thing with my g2 y-pipe install and lm- had to adjust it a couple of times to get rid the buzzing and the knocking. best thing no more drone.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

yea guys, like i said, it's not touching anywhere, no heat shields, no body, no nothing. SLP told me that the resonance causes that sometimes. that must be it, 'cuz it's not hitting anything...