Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want to port out my TB - what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want to port out my TB - what do i need?

ive seen alot of them, and i know to port out the ridge before the plate, and smooth everything out, epoxy the big holes and drill out smaller ones.

is there anything else?

ive seen pics of other ones, it looks like the blade is different, do they grind the blade down so there are no ridges? also the blade holder bar looks different, do they make it smaller? if so what stuff do they use to do it? dremel?

i need to know what kind of dremel bits i need to do this stuff, i also need to know what kind of epoxy to purchase, and any tips/tricks

oh and what size drill bit is used to drill the holes..

thanks
Old 04-16-2003, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: i want to port out my TB - what do i need?

I'm gonna guess that the folks who do this professionally aren't saying much.

Try this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...;f=24;t=007755
Old 04-17-2003, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Honestly, not trying to be a jerk or anything - but you might want to check out one of the sponsor's TB. There are a lot of ways to screw up a TB which will make it basically a big pile of junk metal. With having it ported by one of the sponsors, if something goes wrong - they'll fix it. Just some food for thought.

But if you want to do it yourself - you might want to look at using an air grinder for the initial part as I imagine a dremel might take forever to get that initial ridge out. Then use the dremel to finish it off??
Old 04-17-2003, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

..dont mess too much with the blade...and dont touch the back of the unit...

...the dremal tool is not powerful enough to hog out huge amounts of material....I used a power drill...go to Home Depo and get the course sanding wheels that fit in a drill....one inch is right size...

...I left the vacuum hose holes (two) in the casting as is...but you can fill them with putty and drill a smaller holes if you like....

...this is free and it does make a difference...so go for it