Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Granatteli MAF tunning with bassani mid-lengths

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Granatteli MAF tunning with bassani mid-lengths

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble with the granatteli MAF after header installation. I tried search but didnt come up with anything. I have a diablo hand held tuner just wondering if i would have to do anything. Help would be appreciated. I also have other mods. The car is an A4.

FTRA
airlid w/ smooth bellows
grannattelli MAf
Loudmouth cat-back
and 3.73 gears
Old 04-19-2003, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Granatteli MAF tunning with bassani mid-lengths

I just installed mine out of the box and havent had any problems with it. Just so you get an idea when i installed it i had SLP LT's 3 inch all the way back, Comp Cam and the Stealth high flow air box.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:23 AM
TECH Regular

I dyno'd my car after the Granatelli and Hooker LT's. I only made 300 rwhp. Since then, I took the Granatelli out and used my stock MAF with the granatelli ends and made 330 rwhp. The Granatelli was stealing 30 hp from me. It was making me run real rich 10 to 1 A/f. This time, with the stock MAF, my A/F was 12.7 to 1.

I wouldn't recommend the GMAF to anybody. Have your car dyno'd with and without it and see what happens.

On the other hand.... every car is a little different. You may not have problems with yours like I did mine. Best of luck.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Some tuning can and will help out the A/F, my friend just got his Granatelli and had to have it tuned to his car with his mods for the best results. You just might to have the car tuned to get the best results.