Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do we need a sticky just for true duals?

Old 06-24-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do we need a sticky just for true duals?

There has got to be at least 5 new threads a week with questions about dual exhaust. Maybe we should make a sticky about true duals since the same questions get asked over and over again without people searching ever. If it is wanted i can do a FAQ on duals.

Last edited by brad8266; 06-24-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:25 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should do one! I've been meaning to re-vamp the existing stickies (have too many of them) and I'd love to put that in somewhere. Feel free to start a new thread about it, which I'll link to in like the FIRST post of the compressed SUPERRRRRRRRRRRR sticky lol.

There's a nice writeup by Dirty John in the exhaust FAQ that would help too.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Yes I think that would work great! Maybe have a general exhaust sticky with the different headers and catbacks and ORYs. Then perhaps a section in there about different true duals (h and x-pipes) and the sizing, cost, over the axle, under the axle, dumped under the car, etc. I think maybe we should include a !catback with a bullet at the end of the headers or at the end of the Y as well.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

what we need is to have is some sort of program that scans new posts for key words and points you to the appropriate stickies first before you choose to post - i don't think this is possible with the way things are currently setup since it was just until now that search has been restored

i think it's just something that is needed because no one reads the stickies until someone yells at them to anyway
Old 06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
what we need is to have is some sort of program that scans new posts for key words and points you to the appropriate stickies first before you choose to post
We normally call that SEARCH!

The fact is, no matter what you do, some people are too lazy to put forth effort to find the information that's already out there, no matter how many times it's been gone over.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1

The fact is, no matter what you do, some people are too lazy to put forth effort to find the information that's already out there, no matter how many times it's been gone over.
very true... the search button is supposed to reduce the excess of similar/same questions over and over, but even that doesn't do it because no one uses it
Old 06-24-2006, 05:35 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

between ls1sounds, the exhaust reviews sticky, and the induction/exhaust guide if you cant find what your looking for you dont deserve to have duals in the first place.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:16 PM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
very true... the search button is supposed to reduce the excess of similar/same questions over and over, but even that doesn't do it because no one uses it
The search feature is going back alot farther now and will only get better. Brains has been working on it for quite some time.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:03 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been meaning to re-vamp the existing stickies (have too many of them) and I'd love to put that in somewhere.

Dude, we need too like a motor scooter....

Search this Thread