Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling fan test

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cooling fan test

Does anyone know how to force the fans to come on? I am trying to test the wiring and relays as wiring the fans to the battery spins them pretty well. I never see the fans come on yet I have a new sensor. The guage never gets above 210 but when I turn it off after stop n go driving it boils over. This dosent see to happen on highway trips, and the temps stay lower. The service book I have is pretty useless as it only shows how to diagnose an lt1 not an ls1.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to ground a wire on the fan relays. I believe it was a pink wire, but it has been too long for me to remember for sure. Try a search on the free fan mod.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can pull the a/c high pressure switch plug (right by the firewall), and jumper 2 of the pings in the plug with a piece of wire. I forgot which 2 it is, but it will make the fans come on. I can't remember if the car needs to be running/key on or what though.

I'd thought about making a manual fan switch this way, but never got around to it. The fans stay on a few seconds after you remove the jumper too.

Quick Reply: cooling fan test