Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another darn Pulley question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another darn Pulley question!

All right I know this has been beat to death and I've searched a lot. When ASP underdrive pulleys are installed on some cars they start to throw belts. A solution to this is the Larry pulley, would anyone happen to have the part number and cost for it? How many are required, we have two tensioners right but which belt has the greater tendency to fly off? I looked though the archives and a gentleman by the name of "Larry" was the original designer of this pulley and talked about if we got 20 people together he would make a GP for it, is he still around, does he make them still? It was mentioned that the 6.0L tenstioner on the pickups had ridges on it and could be a possible candidate has anyone tried this and what success or lack there of did you have?

Would using an all thread in the 16mmx2mm thread and screw it into the crank and then using a nut and washers to press on the pulley be a better idea then the 120mm bolt? I thought it might be better where all the threads are able to aid in the distribution of force.

Should I just use Mobil 1 to oil the snout and inside diameter or a certain type of grease?

Thanks a ton guys!