Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hedman Exhaust kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Hedman Exhaust kit

Has anyone run this exhaust or know anything about it, Sound, Quality???? Someone i know is selling this brand new and i dont know if i want it or not. Thanks alot Click Here
Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

for that amount of cash, I would get a magnaflow. Plus it has those ugly square stock tips doesn't look to be stainless, another plus for the magnaflow, or at least get a hooker cat back. othe than that hedman, is ok stuff, they basically copy hooker style headers, middle of the road workman ship IMO.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

The guy is offering it brand new for $250.00. but i don't know if i want it or not. If i bought headers i could have a complete system headers back for around 500 and that just seems dirt cheap. I just can't seem to think i would be happy with this setup, but you never know.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it. Hedman is made by Hooker from what I can tell. Or vice-versa. They're the same. I have the Hedman Hedders and love 'em. You can always change the tips.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you get what you pay for. go for stainless. gmmg, any SLP, corsa, magnaflow, etc.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good point. That's one to keep in mind. I had to ask myself: Do I SERIOUSLY plan to have this car for more than the 5 years that these headers will last (maybe more)?
If so, do I really think I'll not want to change headers later anyway?

I had to say that I'll not have it 5 years, and if I do, I'll surely want to change headers anyway for the fun aspect. So make sure that you take an honest look at that "you get what you pay for" philosophy. Did I want 15 years out of a set of stainless headers? HECK NO!
Old 06-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just think for $250 the exhaust will be a piece of junk. the welds will rust, the muffler is likely baffled, the baffles will likely break and rattle in the future, the fitment is probably ***, it's surely not tuned for sound...i would spend the extra $100-$150 and do it right with a widely used, positive-rated exhaust that will last for years to come. that way, if you ever want another down the road, you can sell the used one. NOBODY is gonna pay for your rusted out $250 hedman exhaust if you get tired of it. i know i can cut my SLP dual/dual off and get $200 for it tomorrow. my exhaust is 5 years old and there is no rust, even on the welds, and the muffler is so shiny i can wax my back in it (not that i wax my back )
Old 06-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i just think for $250 the exhaust will be a piece of junk. the welds will rust, the muffler is likely baffled, the baffles will likely break and rattle in the future, the fitment is probably ***, it's surely not tuned for sound...i would spend the extra $100-$150 and do it right with a widely used, positive-rated exhaust that will last for years to come. that way, if you ever want another down the road, you can sell the used one. NOBODY is gonna pay for your rusted out $250 hedman exhaust if you get tired of it. i know i can cut my SLP dual/dual off and get $200 for it tomorrow. my exhaust is 5 years old and there is no rust, even on the welds, and the muffler is so shiny i can wax my back in it (not that i wax my back )
Its impossible to have a "positive-rated exhaust" if no one ever buys it. I haven't heard anything bad about the Hedman headers from anyone who actually bought and installed/used them. Plus you got a lifetime warranty against defects. There is just a bunch of speculation on these forums from those who havent bought them...such as "dont get them, get something thats proven" etc.

My advice: Dont sit around ******* thinking about whether its worth any money used in 5 years or not, because if you buy what you're actually happy with the first time, you wont need to sell it in 5 years.