Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5 Pin MAF connector part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 5 Pin MAF connector part numbers

Does anybody know the part numbers for the GM connector and GM Pins for the 5 pin Z06 MAF? I don't want to run an adapter harness, and I don't want to buy the GM pigtail because it comes with 5 white wires...I'd rather just get the wires in my harness the length that I want, cut them, crimp the pins to them and clip the pins into the connector, but it's a style of connector that I'm not familiar with.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Caspers they might have what you are looking for. Sponsor as well.
https://www.casperselectronics.com
Old 07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year Z06? Do you have the GM core and insulation crimping tools to do the job? If not I would advise to just buy the pigtail and tape over the wiring. The GM pigtails come with about a foot or so of wires so that's what I would do. Plus most places that sell just the connectors require you to buy in quantity. But if you do want the part number, I can get it for you, but then you will need to buy the terminals, seals, and TPA's to go along with it.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 618HAWK
Try Caspers they might have what you are looking for. Sponsor as well.
https://www.casperselectronics.com
What he said. Here's a direct link to the part:
https://www.casperselectronics.com/M...ct_Code=108100
Old 07-03-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

I know all about the Caspers adapter harness as well as the Pace one. As I said though, I don't want to run an adaprter harness and I don't want to solder on the GM pigtail with 5 white wires. A friend and I always just run the wires the correct length strip them, crimp new weatherpack or metripack pins on them and put them into the connectors with the correct seals and all...I like it to look like it came that way. I always use split loom and tape it just like the assembly line would have too.

joshp14, if you could get me all of the individual part numbers I'd really appreciate it. I don't mind buying a bunch, I'm sure I'll use them on friends cars or my own future cars eventually anyways. I have all the correct crimping tools to do just about anything to a harness, I've just never seen those pins before. My goal with the car is to pop the hood and see something that looks like it rolled off the assembly line like that. an adapter harness like the ones Caspers and Pace sell just don't do it for me...plus I think they're using a different connector than the one GM is using on the 2006 Vette that my MAF was destined for. It looks like it'd work, but I think the connector that Pace is using is the correct one for a C6 Vette...this link is a crappy picture, but it's the best I can find https://ls1tech.com

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 07-03-2006 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK here is what I found for you from a diagram from a 06 LS2 Vette...

OEM P/N (actual connector housing) - 15326822
Service P/N (pigtail) - 88987186
Description: 5-Way Female GT 150 Series, Sealed (Black)
Terminal P/N: 12191819 (Tray 8)
Core/Insulation Crimp (Pins A thru E): E/A
Core/Insulation Crimp (Pins B): 2/A

Pin-Wire Color-Circuit No.-Function
A- YE - 492 - MAF Sensor Signal
B- BK/WH - 451 - Ground
C- PK- 539 - Ignition 1 Voltage
D- TN- 2760 - Low Reference
E- TN- 472 - IAT Sensor Signal

The "E/A" denotion is the crimp to use from your crimp tools. The "Tray 8" from the terminals is for the dealership...they have about 30 trays of these things, and if you ask them for "Tray 8", you should find the terminal p/n in there. If you have trouble finding the terminals, I can get them for you from work. Good luck finding one connector housing though....

One other option though, you can buy the pigtal, remove all the terminals, reuse the cable seals and TPA, and get new terminals to crimp in your own wire.
Attached Thumbnails 5 Pin MAF connector part numbers-647974.gif  
Old 07-03-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Cool, thank you very much. I'll stop by the local dealer for the pins on wednesday. Like I said, I'm not too worried about buying a bunch of the housings and just keeping them in my garage (though GM doesn't show anything for that PN...I'll go cut one off of a truck in a junkyard, or do like you said with the pigtail from GM...those 5 white wires would **** me off to no end though)...I have hardware cases full of random connectors and pins and seals and all that good stuff...it'll all go to use someday on my car or a friends.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:16 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Caspers sells the connectors by themselves as well, you don't have to buy an adapter set. You COULD cut the "adapter" and splice the wires, then tuck them into the loom for a factory look.

Quick Reply: 5 Pin MAF connector part numbers