Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust setup question, need answers quick

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust setup question, need answers quick

Kinda have a TWO part question here.....

Alright so Thursday I am having a Hooker Aerochamber muffler installed on my car with the current mods:

3200 Stall
226/226 .575/.575 114 LSA Cam
Flowtech LT's
Custom 3" Y-Pipe
Gutted Cats
Dynomax Bullet Muffler
Loudmouth pipes

Ok, so I am experiencing some NASTY Rasp....with the Dynomax/Loudmouth (Dynomouth) set up. Thus the new muffler...

Should I keep the Bullet Muffler on just before the Hooker Muffler OR should I only have the Hooker Muffler..

The only reason I ask this is because I have little to no backpressure right now, and Im worried that I should just leave the Bullet Muffler on just in case......wouldn't hurt would it? Probably give my exhaust note a different sound...

Also I know this is a typical question but before the LT's my car ran 13.7 @ 103mph on a G-Tech.

After the LT's and O2 Sims...with crappy raspy exhaust note. the car went 14.00 @105mph..(couldn't get a good launch after 3 tries, still dealing with launching the 3200 stall with the new added power)

Anyways...once I get my backpressure back, and learn how to launch the car well... should I expect to see my times around 13.4 on the g-tech???

BTW I'm at 3600 ft elevation.....

Thanks...
Old 07-05-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Take off the bullet, rasp wont be a problem with the Hooker.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Teching In

so my next question is... what exactly would it do to the exhaust/backpressure IF it was left on... not saying I will keep it on.. but just curious.. would it make it sound bad?? or just not as loud???
Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should leave it. It's not really hurting the flow, and will help clean up the sound if there is anything left over. The Aerochamber is not going to fit anywhere before the axle w/out some serious BFH modding.

The G-tech is hit-or-miss, but I can see .2 or maby more with headers/ORY. Take her to the track.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

It will just quiet it down a little, you wont see any difference in performance, I'm just telling you to take it out because Hooker is generally regarded as quiet as it is. Don't worry about having too little backpressure, our cars don't like much. Your Y-pipe combined with catback will provide ample, in fact more than needed, being that you'd pick up power with a cutout.