Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions?

Bought the car April, looking into doing some "Stuff" to do, besides appearance mods.

As far as I know, car is stock except for Flowmaster muffler and stock tips (yea, stupid I know)

Seriously looking at this setup, want to do the work myself with a buddy:
Pacesetter LT Headers and TSP Catted Y with Corsa 3" Cat-Back.

I want to keep the car "legal" and not have to worry about emissions fails here that's why I opted out of the ORY.

Kind of torn between Corsa and Borla, but heard that Borla can be raspy which I don't want.

Any suggestions or sound clips of peeps that have the above combo and how much they like it?? Setup ain't cheap, Cams are NOT in my plans!

Splitz
2002 Z28 40k miles
Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Go to www.ls1sounds.com there is many clips there to hear.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitz
Bought the car April, looking into doing some "Stuff" to do, besides appearance mods.

As far as I know, car is stock except for Flowmaster muffler and stock tips (yea, stupid I know)

Seriously looking at this setup, want to do the work myself with a buddy:
Pacesetter LT Headers and TSP Catted Y with Corsa 3" Cat-Back.

I want to keep the car "legal" and not have to worry about emissions fails here that's why I opted out of the ORY.

Kind of torn between Corsa and Borla, but heard that Borla can be raspy which I don't want.

Any suggestions or sound clips of peeps that have the above combo and how much they like it?? Setup ain't cheap, Cams are NOT in my plans!

Splitz
2002 Z28 40k miles
Pacesetters are a great headers option and TSP's catted Y flows plenty for most cammed setups to notice no difference to an ORY.

Rasp should be minimal with a catted Y.

Personally I'm not too keen on the Corsa, it's an either love or hate kind of exhuast. Same goes for the Borla.

If plan to spend that much money on an exhuast I'd highly recommend you look at the GMMG exhaust and Stainless Works Chambered exhuast also.

I run the SLP Loud Mouth, an like it's name sake it is LOUD but I like it, sounds awesome and ZERO rasp when combined with cats. But it's not for everyone.

TSP offer an X pipe and duals which dump under the car, these will also be loud but for some its the only route to go.

BTW - Why not a cam?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ugh borla is awful IMO. corsa looks real nice but i think it's more of a corvette sound than an f-body sound. i wouldn't buy it for an f-body but i'd take it hands down over borla. i think GMMG is a good f-body sound, along with the SLP dual/dual (yea, 2 different ends of the spectrum huh?). but to each his own. if you're torn between the two, i'd go the corsa route.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, Cams seems to be to much of work. Headers and complete exhaust seems to be more cost effective. But...you know, things change!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I love the way Corsa sounds with LT's. Another Texas member is running that setup and his car sounds awesome to me.

But, exhaust sounds are something that change from person to person. What I think sounds good, another member doesnt necessarily think the same. Only way for you to really figure out what you want is to go hang out with some F Body guys and listen to their setups. DFW has quite a few nice F-Bodies. Go check them out and see what you like and base your decision off of that.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

if i were you bro i'd go for the slp loudmouths,they are the cheapest and best sounding ive heard..