Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Hell, please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 Hell, please help

Oh man this weekend was a ........... well read below and find out. I just need to rant about this. And a question at the end. Sorry It's long but I think it's a good read. We've all been there.

Backround,

Had bad part throttle ping of death. Last fall I did the seafoam treatment, changed plugs (Bosch Iridium), oil, oil filter, new wires, cleaned the IAC, new PCV valve and installed a catch can.

Prensent Day
I just moved so my commute is different now. Approx 7.5 miles almost all stop and go traffic (takes me 20-30 minutes to go 7 miles!!!). My mpg is 11-12, horrible. I wanted to change my oil (castrol 0W30, made in germany), oil filter, airfilter, clean my maf, and change my front O2's to help with the crap gas milage.

I go to no less than seven different places to buy the O2's, thinking to myself that it's a seven year old car (2000 SS MN6) and O2's are considered tune up parts, HA HA HA was I wrong.

1) AuotoZone: Nope sorry I have only one....... WHAT!!!
2) AutoAid: I have welly only, have to order Bosch and/or AC Delco. Didn't even know they made O2's
3) Autobarn #1: I have only one (Ok this is becoming a pattern)
4) Aoutbarn #2: I have only one (Ok WTF...... this is a pattern)
5) Advanced Auto: Yeah I have two hold on........................................
.................................................. ................................................
.................................................. ................................................
No sorry the computer says we have two but there not on the shelf
6) Pepboys:Yeah I have two hold on........................................
No sorry the computer says we have two but there not on the shelf

Ok by now I'm actually vibrating and humming I'm so pissed (nope no coffee effect just pure anger).

So I see across the street, Atalantic Chevy, well ok. Now keep in mind that all these part stores had three different O2's

1) OE replacement from AC Delco PN 13444
2) Universal from ACDelco (didn't want them)
3) Bosch PN# ?????????

AND ALL OF THEM WERE $59.00 - $69.00

Angry Man (Me): Walk in from the street
Atlantic Chevy Part Dept: Can I help you
Angry Man: Yeah I need TWO front O2's for a 2000 Camaro 5.7L
Atalntic: What size engine?
Angry: 5.7L
Atalntic: before or after the cat?
Angry: BEFORE
Atalntic: Left or right side?
Angry: I said I needed TWO........................... Yes, a left AND a right
Atalntic: Do you want the other two after the cat
Angry: NO
Atalntic: Do you need the cat also?
Angry: (Did I miss something in this conversation??) No just the O2's
Atalntic: Yeah hold on I got two in the back (man I know I heard that before, somewhere)
Angry: Man it's been 15 minutes how far back is in the BACK
Atalntic: Here ya go,
Angry: How much?
Atlanitc: Well for the left side it's $147.89
Atlantic: and for the right side it's $156.35

The room goes silent and dark, the vein in my forhead strats to pulse, all I see and remember is my right fist accelerating over the counter and connecting with this guys face.

Only kidding, but man did I wish my little daydream came true on this. I go you got to be kidding me. And why don't the PN#'s match. He had AH 497 (something or other) and I had 13444?

So my question, other than GM Parts Direct (shipping is weeks) where can I order front O2's for my car? Fred Beans? Help me out
Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=291&ptset=A

chill. order them online. makes things easier
Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have LT's? Might want to look at getting a set of Bosch 13111's.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Right Front Sensor is the oddball AC Delco AFS 97. The other 3, Left Front and both Left and Right rears call for AC Delco AFS 98. They are expensive but less so if you order online instead of at the dealer.