Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock engine+Pacesetters+ TDs +Flowmaster 1 Chambers = AWESOME

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock engine+Pacesetters+ TDs +Flowmaster 1 Chambers = AWESOME

Just got finished installing Pacesetters , True Duals and flowmaster 1 chambers and all I can say is WOW. I never thought a stock engine LS1 could sound that good. Now I am a little biased but...

It has a really good low sound at idle, and isn't too wild under 2k, but you get above 2k and it is a good bit louder than the cutout!!! Hit the Loud Pedal and you better be in for a screaming machine!!! :lol
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Any pics or sounds of the exhaust?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post up some good pics so I can add them to the True-Dual FAQ!! I've been wanting to be able to show a system with 1-chamber Flowmasters.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Launching!

I will get some pics soon. I'm still awaiting an appointment to the exhaust shop to have some hangers welded on so I can get the exhaust hung up. Right now they are just hanging so they are a little low. I'll try to get some sound clips as well!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need more details! hows the ground clearance? Iv been wanting chambered true duals soo bad.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:33 PM
That's what she said...

You definatly want your exhaust to be well-hung.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Resident

i'm jealous. i like my dual/dual but i'd sell it in a heartbeat for flowmaster single chamber TD's out the back. if i wasn't a poor broke college kid i'd so be saving up right now...even LT's look like they'll have to wait til next summer
Old 07-05-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HA congrats chris on the setup, it was a lot of fun installing it, everytime i help out i learn more and more. and yes, on a stock LS1, it sounds absolutely evil
Old 07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camaroextra
I need more details! hows the ground clearance? Iv been wanting chambered true duals soo bad.

Probably end up with about 4.5-5 inches of clearance once everything is hung up in there. Right now its hanging down without hangers. I'm going to work out the hangers this weekend and I'll get pics and approximate clearance
Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fenster
Probably end up with about 4.5-5 inches of clearance once everything is hung up in there. Right now its hanging down without hangers. I'm going to work out the hangers this weekend and I'll get pics and approximate clearance
Pics will be great..I still cannot believe all you guys with 4-5" clearance.... do you guys all have the 4x4 look ?? ??????
Old 07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i'm jealous. i like my dual/dual but i'd sell it in a heartbeat for flowmaster single chamber TD's out the back. if i wasn't a poor broke college kid i'd so be saving up right now...even LT's look like they'll have to wait til next summer
I had mine ran out the back into the CME set-up & totally loss the flowmaster sound, didn't like it at all... So I went back to dumps & it's alot better sounding.

Mike
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Pics will be great..I still cannot believe all you guys with 4-5" clearance.... do you guys all have the 4x4 look ?? ??????

LOL. I have the front end on 1" lowering springs and the rear is just over 3 inches of tire/fender gap. That is with stock springs in the rear. Love the way the stock SS's sit in the back. Now the car just has the hint of a rake to it...
Old 07-05-2006, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Fenster
LOL. I have the front end on 1" lowering springs and the rear is just over 3 inches of tire/fender gap. That is with stock springs in the rear. Love the way the stock SS's sit in the back. Now the car just has the hint of a rake to it...
Guess I would call that the '2x4' look. ...I have only 1 finger gap in front..2 in rear....am thinking of raising the rear 1".
Old 07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome to hear! I'm actually having my 3" X-pipe with the Flowmaster 1-chambers dumped installed exactly two weeks from today. I seriously cannot wait!!!

Threads like this don't help either. haha j/k

Anyway, what size (2.5" or 3") are you running and is it with an X or H-pipe?

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. I just don't know how some of you can run a lowered car with these 1-chambers dumped??? I'd use the Eibach lowering springs I'm currently trying to sell, but I'm just afraid I'll scrape on damn near everything and that the clearance will be brutal. Oh well, guess I'm keeping the 4x4 look...
Old 07-05-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 2000LS1Z28
Awesome to hear! I'm actually having my 3" X-pipe with the Flowmaster 1-chambers dumped installed exactly two weeks from today. I seriously cannot wait!!!

Threads like this don't help either. haha j/k

Anyway, what size (2.5" or 3") are you running and is it with an X or H-pipe?

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. I just don't know how some of you can run a lowered car with these 1-chambers dumped??? I'd use the Eibach lowering springs I'm currently trying to sell, but I'm just afraid I'll scrape on damn near everything and that the clearance will be brutal. Oh well, guess I'm keeping the 4x4 look...
.........With 3" pipe there is no way you will get more than 2" clearance...Without the lowering springs.... I wouldn't mind my 3" Y except I cannot get any more than about 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 " clear. and we have all these f**** speedbumps wherever you go these days.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Launching!

The 1 chambers I have are just a little taller than the 3 inch pipe, but maybe only a total of 1/2".

The setup is a 3" Lane True Duals. I bought it used from a buddy of mine. Tucks up REALLY nice. I'm trying to get the mufflers to actually fit right under the rear seats for added clearance. The X is a Dr. Gas X. I'll get some pics this weekend!!!