Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do?

Ok, so here's the dilemma, I want to make my car faster and sound better, but I don't want ANY hassle with dealing with the emissions ***** here in CA. So far I just have a lid with K&N and a TSP Rumbler catback. Anything else I can do? I keep trying to decide if I want longtubes with a catted Y, but I just don't need the hassles of emissions not passing (visual).

What else can I do? Cam? Wouldn't that suck without the longtubes?
Old 07-09-2006, 03:26 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know how much you like wrenching or how comfortable you are with it, but if I lived in a place like CA, I'd have no problem with pulling the entire exhaust off once a year for emissions.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/453262-pics-custom-stainless-magnaflow-exhaust.html

That thread should make you feel a little better.

I had suggested to another guy to do that exact setup, build a forged bullet-proof shortblock, run stock heads/cam and dump a 250 shot on it. You'd have california emissions legal, monster power with the push of a button (550+rwhp?), and stock driveability/reliability for the 99.9% of the time you're driving the car.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm glad there is no such thing as emissions tests in my neck of the woods.if you have to pass a visual test that hurts,lts with a catted y and maybe a 224 on a 114 would be a decent combo for you.