Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs and Y-pipe questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default LTs and Y-pipe questions

ok guys, very soon i will be purchasing some LTs and a y-pipe to go along with the LM. My questions are, costwise which LT's and Y sound better to you. First i was looking at a set of pacesetter longtubes (PN 766-70-2255) 1 3/4" primary to a 3" collector. i simply cant beat the price of these, but i also cannot find a y-pipe for them with cats. which i need seeing as how im in Cali. The second set is a pair of heddman 1-5/8'' to 1-3/4'' Stepped Primary LTs (PN 500-68534) with a 3" collector. And heddman also sells a Y-pipe "for use with cats" as well. What exactly does that mean? lol. any help or suggestions are appreciated fellas. thanks in advance. Oh, and im trying to stay cheap BC im in the military so im on a pretty tight budget
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know that LT and aftermarket Cats are Illegal in your state. Watch out the Emissions police will be looking for you.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i know . i already have the cats. i figure when the time comes if need be i can just strap on the old stuff, or pay for the "deluxe" smog check