Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Cutout wont open, motor is working!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default E-Cutout wont open, motor is working!

OK everyone, I just got done installing my DMH cutout and the thing won't open! I did a search so hopefully I didn't miss the solution. I'm assuming the wiring is done correctly because you can hear the motor moving when you push the switch, but nothing else happens. We tied in w/ the TCS switch for power...so the red wire from the cutout switch is tied in w/ the red wire for TCS, and we grounded the switch to a screw on the body. What the heck could be the problem? Thanks for the help, I know you all can fix this!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet the motor is loose. Thats what was wrong with mine. I took mine apart and tightened the screws so the motor turned the gears like it should. If you have any basic tools and mechanical knowledge....i'd say you can fix it. The gears really aren't that bad to take apart...its very very easy. Just draw a picture of them to put them in the same place or else it might be pretty hard....lol.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks HotWhip, any other suggestions?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's anything like my McCord, there's a little coupler between the motor output shaft and the blade shaft. The coulper has 2 allen head set screws that hold each together. If one of the screws is loose, it will turn, but not transfer any movement to the blade.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will check for the allen screws this afternoon...I cant picture it in my head so hopefully I can find what you're talking about. Thanks!

Anyone else have ideas?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well thanks for tryin to help guys. Called DMH and he's sending me a new one next day mail! The blade is stuck shut for some reason and he wants to check it out himself. Not sure if Im supposed to be bragging about non-sponsors so admins might need to delete this, but you can't beat their customer service! Def go w/ DMH if you need a cutout.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:02 PM
That's what she said...

You can't post contact information or links. Everyone knows about DMH cutouts, just nobody (that I know of) carries them.

BYUNSpeed just started selling the McCord power plates, I have one in my living room.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

funny you should mention your motor not turning.. same thing happened to mine, sending it back to dave. i have had mine for 7 months. but if all it is are the gears maybe i can fix this.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Motor was turning...the blade was just stuck for some reason. I couldn't even open it w/ my hands! Can't ask for better service though...and cant wait till Friday!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my QTP did the same thing. motor would wine but the plate wouldn't move. i haven't taken it apart yet.

Quick Reply: E-Cutout wont open, motor is working!