Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR removal

I just need the link for a "how to" on it. I tried to use this but the original article wont pull up.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=20

Thanks- mike
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Worked fine for me, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=20
Old 07-13-2006, 03:10 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=70

There's another one inside JRP's thread that you linked to.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell just follow all the hoses under the hood & pull them all out. Then go under the bumper on the driverside & open the small access panel & unhook/remove the pump.

Then you done.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

dont forget about the air pump fuse, you dont really need to remove the air pump if you remove the fuse, but its easy to remove all that stuff anyway.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys, theblurls1 had what I needed. for some reason the one inside jrp's thread wouldnt open for me.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

What is the advantage to taking out these two systems? Has anybody seen any sugnificant gains by removing EGR & Air pump? If so, I will pull mine soon. I dont mean to be a kill joy, and I guess I understand what is trying to be gotten from this, but I just hate that damb SES light! Sorry it is late and the wine is talking, but I am curious..... Thanks and I am looking forward to the information. I love free mods!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See the AIR/EGR sticky Bobby, it has pro's and con's.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Yea, I have read that Sticky many times and I would like to hear a few people sound off on how much of a gain removing these systems really got them. Cleaning up my engine bay is nice, but to have to look at that SES light just for that doesn't sound appealing. I bought my WS6 back in 98 to have a car that was mean looking and could back it up! Not to have a hacked up ride that is going to suffer from blow-bye in 20K miles. Anybody can run NOS, every cheep mod, get a 11sec time slip, and sell the car before it rattles or blowes apart.
Yes, I had and soon will have again NOS, but I only run a 100dry shot with the fogger nozzle rotated 90degrees to the side so as to not shock the motor when activated. Ok, off my high horse.... I just want to know if anybody got some real hp gains by removing these two systems from there engine. As little as I get a chance to work on my car, I can deal with getting around these systems. But if somebody tells me they gained them some hp (without compromising engine life and harmony) then off they come!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just removed mine so I could run Race style headers & we have no inspections here so it was just extra clutter in the engine bay. Plus the LS6 intake is non-egr so might as well get them both out of the way.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BobbyWS6
Yea, I have read that Sticky many times and I would like to hear a few people sound off on how much of a gain removing these systems really got them. Cleaning up my engine bay is nice, but to have to look at that SES light just for that doesn't sound appealing. I bought my WS6 back in 98 to have a car that was mean looking and could back it up! Not to have a hacked up ride that is going to suffer from blow-bye in 20K miles. Anybody can run NOS, every cheep mod, get a 11sec time slip, and sell the car before it rattles or blowes apart.
Yes, I had and soon will have again NOS, but I only run a 100dry shot with the fogger nozzle rotated 90degrees to the side so as to not shock the motor when activated. Ok, off my high horse.... I just want to know if anybody got some real hp gains by removing these two systems from there engine. As little as I get a chance to work on my car, I can deal with getting around these systems. But if somebody tells me they gained them some hp (without compromising engine life and harmony) then off they come!
I removed because the check valve was ticking (and I have heard that the bad air system can cause slight backfire)

The SES light can be tuned out for those 2 emission systems.

You will not see any HP gain, the only gain that you will see on the track would be from weight removal. Removal will not harm you engine at all IMO.