Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I need tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I need tuning?

Right now i am getting SLP lid w/k+n, Gmaf, smooth bellows, and velocity stack....but in about a month or however long it takes for me to come up with the money i plan on getting LT headers (hoping for QTP or Kooks) and TSP true dual exhaust. Am i going to need to have my computer retuned at any point with these mods. before the headers and exhaust,..after the headers and exhaust or not at all?Also will i need 02 sims to not through any codes if the true duals have no cats? I am not sure if they do or not, only looked at them once online, figured i would do more research when i have the money to purchase. thanks for the help fellas.

Wheeler99ws6
Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You dont have to have your car tuned but you would get the full power out of the headers with a good tune.

As far as the o2 sims, you can take your car someplace that does tuning and just have them delete the code for the rear o2 sensors, that will get rid of the check engine light.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I would wait to get a tune if you have any future plans, but like chad said you can take it somewhere to get that code deleted if you don't want the sims.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

You could probably get your exhaust sooner if you didn't buy the stack (worthless), bellows (looks) and MAF (stocker good to 500hp). Alot of people will say even say stick with the stock paper filter.