Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blocking off egr?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blocking off egr?

Ok I ripped off the EGR to install my new headers and I was waundering what I need to do to block off my 2 EGR ports and then what I need to do to remove the code... and until i remove the code is it going to cause me any problems. If there is a site that shows how to remove teh EGR please post. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Those 2 tubes are the air pump, the EGR will have a metal tube comming off of it and will only be 1 tube. The code will not cause any problems its just to let you know the EGR and Air pump isnt workin, basically any programmer can delete the codes or a local performance shop
Old 07-14-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

1 3/8" freezer plug will plug up the intake, and if you get a peice of scrap metal, you can make a pattern using the part of the egr that youre blocking off to make the block off plate itself. its pretty simple.. and like starz said, you can get the code deleted pretty much ne where
Old 07-15-2006, 12:22 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy **** man. Theres a sticky up there to answer these questions before they pop up. If you'd bother to read, you'd have found out faster than you could click "New Thread".

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/500407-egr-air-o2-sensors-motor-tranny-mount-faq.html