Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating after heads cam install

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating after heads cam install

Hey guys / gals

Car is back together, and I cant trace down an overheating issue. The guage shows the temp is good, but the coolant starts to boil and overflow out of the reservoir. The rad cap is lined up right, the thermostat does kick on (I think) I pretty sure I got the plumbing in correctly... any ideas???

thanks
Old 07-16-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The bubbles coming out of the radiator is all the air getting out of your system. Be sure to run it with the heater full blast.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:47 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ ^^^

Take the cap off and put in as much water as you can. If you squeeze the radiator hose on the driver side, you can squeeze some water into the block and the level in the radiator will go down. It sometimes takes forever to get these cars full of water. You didn't plug that line running from between your heads to the throttle body then to the radiator did you? It's ok to bypass the TB, just don't plug it.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

air bubbles in your cooling system. fill your motor fist. pour it in thru pipe on your waterpump (by the TB) untill your motor is full.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

also make sure the 2 lines at the radiator (the overlow and crossover tube for the heads) are in the right spots. if they are backwards it will cause the same problem.