Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90

All you guys out there with a FAST 90 what do you use to clean it?

(I know this is prob the wrong section, but most people who hang out in the appearance section don'y have this kind of intake)

The intake feels like a different plastic than stock and seems to catch all the dirt.

Just want some advice to clean it and keep it clean.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A product called "Tuff Stuff" works pretty good....use that with a brush and some hot soapy water and if you spend enough time it will look practically new. Carefully use a red sharpie marker on the FAST logo to bring that back to life as a nice finishing touch...

Tony
Old 07-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
A product called "Tuff Stuff" works pretty good....use that with a brush and some hot soapy water and if you spend enough time it will look practically new. Carefully use a red sharpie marker on the FAST logo to bring that back to life as a nice finishing touch...

Tony

Thanks Tony!
Old 07-17-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

To me the best thing to do with the FAST and WILSON logos on the
FAST intake is sand them off..it looks much better without the advertising on it..I sanded mine off and painted it ..
Old 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slt200mph
To me the best thing to do with the FAST and WILSON logos on the
FAST intake is sand them off..it looks much better without the advertising on it..I sanded mine off and painted it ..
I'll be damned if I am going to sand on a 1 thousand dollar intake...

Plus I want people to know what intake that is on there....
Old 07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
TECH Regular

i agree you on that viewsonic, why pay so much for somethin and then tuch it when there is nuthing wrong with it. be proud of the name of the product
Old 07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stealth approach. To the undonting eye, you wouldn't know it was a FAST. Then you can win some poor unexpecting suckers money when you drag his ***. Just a thought.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
Stealth approach. To the undonting eye, you wouldn't know it was a FAST. Then you can win some poor unexpecting suckers money when you drag his ***. Just a thought.

damn dude I just read your sig.... HOLY $HIT!

What kinda numbers does that thing put down?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by viewsonic
damn dude I just read your sig.... HOLY $HIT!

What kinda numbers does that thing put down?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use break parts cleaner.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jermzz
I use break parts cleaner.

And I prefer to NOT, "break" my parts.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

post *****. "Brake"
Old 07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rjkZ28
i agree you on that viewsonic, why pay so much for somethin and then tuch it when there is nuthing wrong with it. be proud of the name of the product
Just a couple of FYI's for ya..the intake does not cost one thousand dollars..I bought mine brand new for $735..another thing that you do not know is how much work you have to do on a FAST intake to get it to make real numbers...If you just take it out of the box and bolt it on you will be highly disappointed..I doubt if you have ever held one in your hands or owned one...there is a ton of porting work to do on them..if you ever get a chance to look at one turn it upside down and look at the intake runners or better yet check out one that has been broken down into the three parts..then you will see what I am talking about..you would think that for the price that they charge it would be ready to go out of the box..but that is not the way it is..and I am not talking about matching the intake ports on the heads to the runners on the intake manifold..there is a lot of work needed to be done inside of the runners before you start to port match the intake to your heads...if you do not beleive me call Tony Mamo or any of the other guys who port them for a living and ask them how much they charge to port your FAST intake...myself I am not much on decals or advertising on my car..when I was involved NHRA class racing the only decals that made it on to the car were ones that paid $$$ when you won class and the eliminator..if you want really want to impress someone just blow their doors off and show them your tail lights getting smaller and smaller..decals never won a race ... anyway that is my perspective..if we were all the same it would be a very dull world..
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=Beast96Z]Stealth approach. To the undonting eye, you wouldn't know it was a FAST. Then you can win some poor unexpecting suckers money when you drag his ***. Just a thought.[/QUOTE

That 90 MM throttle body hanging on the front of the intake might give the stealth approach away unless someone was blind as a bat or not very well informed .... I like a stealth factor..but more than anything I like it to be nice and clean under the hood of the car..I relocated my coils and run non-stock vavle covers...painted the intake to match the color of the aluminum valve covers..this really cleans up an LS1..it won't run any faster but it looks nice..I prefer to look a little different than everyone else's car..

Last edited by slt200mph; 07-18-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Just a couple of FYI's for ya..the intake does not cost one thousand dollars..I bought mine brand new for $735..another thing that you do not know is how much work you have to do on a FAST intake to get it to make real numbers...If you just take it out of the box and bolt it on you will be highly disappointed..I doubt if you have ever held one in your hands or owned one...there is a ton of porting work to do on them..if you ever get a chance to look at one turn it upside down and look at the intake runners or better yet check out one that has been broken down into the three parts..then you will see what I am talking about..you would think that for the price that they charge it would be ready to go out of the box..but that is not the way it is..and I am not talking about matching the intake ports on the heads to the runners on the intake manifold..there is a lot of work needed to be done inside of the runners before you start to port match the intake to your heads...if you do not beleive me call Tony Mamo or any of the other guys who port them for a living and ask them how much they charge to port your FAST intake...myself I am not much on decals or advertising on my car..when I was involved NHRA class racing the only decals that made it on to the car were ones that paid $$$ when you won class and the eliminator..if you want really want to impress someone just blow their doors off and show them your tail lights getting smaller and smaller..decals never won a race ... anyway that is my perspective..if we were all the same it would be a very dull world..
I have one on my car bud.... (And I made 513rwhp with bolt-ons) Ask Formato if you don't believe me.

I also payed $735... (maybe 1 K was a little exageration)

Why are we talking about porting intakes now? (This thread is about the about the outside surface)

I don't think Anyone will question that porting the intake will help.... but I looked at it and I do not believe it is as bad as you say.

I guess if you were in the NHRA you may be sick of srickers and such
Old 07-18-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Kool .. I am happy you are satisfied with your intake....congrats on your numbers!..I was just surprised at the amount of work needed to make this part perform up to its hype..I was not trying to knock you in any way..no flame intended..it just seemed from your post that you had not had any contact with one..we had a failure to communicate..not uncommn on the internet..I have examined a few of them and they seem to be pretty consistant.. I was very surprised at how much work you had to invest in it..the intake is a decent part but in my opinion way over priced because of the work you have to do to it..we will just agree to disagree...I like em clean and you like em with logos..I am older than dirt and I can't even see my NHRA days with binocluars...drag racing was a different deal back then compared to now days and in my opinion a better show .....good luck to you sir..
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
Banned

Kool .. I am happy you are satisfied with your intake....congrats on your numbers!..I was just surprised at the amount of work needed to make this part perform up to its hype..I was not trying to knock you in any way..no flame intended..it just seemed from your post that you had not had any contact with one..we had a failure to communicate..not uncommn on the internet..I have examined a few of them and they seem to be pretty consistant.. I was very surprised at how much work you had to invest in it..the intake is a decent part but in my opinion way over priced because of the work you have to do to it..we will just agree to disagree...I like em clean and you like em with logos..I am older than dirt and I can't even see my NHRA days with binocluars...drag racing was a different deal back then compared to now days and in my opinion a better show .....good luck to you sir..
I think we can both agree that they are overpriced.

But what are yo going to do when they are the only game intown?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by viewsonic
I think we can both agree that they are overpriced.

But what are yo going to do when they are the only game intown?

I agree with you there....it looks like beast96z has the right idea..that Harrop system is bad ***..it would be great if the price got a little lighter.....I used to fool around with a gasser with Hilborn injection on it..a very simple system..but not anything like todays high tech stuff...you can't beat the looks of of the individual runners and TB's..
Old 07-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

I agree with you there....it looks like beast96z has the right idea..that Harrop system is bad ***..it would be great if the price got a little lighter.....I used to fool around with a gasser with Hilborn injection on it..a very simple system..but not anything like todays high tech stuff...you can't beat the looks of of the individual runners and TB's..
I would KILL for that harrop intake!

We should get a GP going.... I would buy one for 50% off
Old 07-18-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am definately in on that one if it can be done..