Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP duals impressions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TSP duals impressions

Installed them today with the help of a few friends. First off it took longer than I thought because I stopped every 15 minutes for water (damn heat wave). Flipping the fuel line brackets and readjusting was WAY easier than I thought. It took some muscleing and an extra set of hands to thread the bolt while I held the lines and bracket in place, but went just fine. As for the duals, my only suggestion is to let the user know which side of the X should face down. Maybe it's obvious, but it wasn't to me at first After mocking up with tentative positioning of the pipes, hanging the mufflers was rather easy. I took the advice of a few people in the duals sticky, and jacked the X with a jack, and basically jacked everything else up to get optimal ground clearance, and it worked. Nearly a full soda can at the lowest part... BUT... at the sacrifice of a slight bang on the floor board at very low RPM (pulling away from a stop). I can live with that, because the clearance is great. The dumps are angled slightly away from straight down, and I think it made a big difference. I went from JUST loudmouth, to LTs, no cats, TD dumps, and it's honestly quieter inside the car. Obviously when WOT it's louder, but I'm not doing that all the time anyhow, so I was pleasantly surprised with that. I've got a slight leak on the collector to pass. side connection, gotta tighten that and maybe RTV a little. Other than that, I can't get over the sound. Once the computer recognized the lack of rear 02s and started to run better, wow. Nice DEEP tone, almost flowmaster-esque IMO. At idle with some light revs, I can best describe the sound as somewhat wattery, VERY hollow, almost a hint of 5.0 mustang with flows. Maybe my ears are all fucked up, but that's exactly what it sounds like to me, I will get some vids wednesday (was tired tonight and have class tomorrow). TDs was all I ever heard about for if you wanted the best sound... now I'm a believer. +1 for the TSP duals with Spiral Flows.

I dont have any other parts to put on the car, so you wont see any of these stupid threads from me for a long time. Thanks.

-J
Old 07-17-2006, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The system sounds badass when you take the bullets off and run it with only the X-pipe
Old 07-17-2006, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, nobody really talks about the spiral flows and it's what I plan on getting. Glad to hear you it so much.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dmart
Awesome, nobody really talks about the spiral flows and it's what I plan on getting. Glad to hear they sound so good.
Yep, I tried to find clips, because I heard they were the quietest choice, but still very very deep. Everyone does either the Dynomax or the Sweet Thunders, so I wanted a little different route. I don't regret it for a second. I'll bump this wednesday or so when I get a clip.

Z28, I ran around the night of the LT install with open headers at 2am That was fun. What kind of mufflers did you go with?

-J
Old 07-18-2006, 05:55 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has the Dynomax bullets because at the time I didn't know you could get the Sweet Thunders or the Spiral Flows. I can't complain because the car sounds great
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lastcall190
As for the duals, my only suggestion is to let the user know which side of the X should face down.
I'm looking at mine sitting here on my living room floor, could you describe which way its supposed to go?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by LS1PoweredZ28
I'm looking at mine sitting here on my living room floor, could you describe which way its supposed to go?

Thanks,
Kevin
This picture shows it upside down.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Glad to hear you like em. I did the tru duals with sweet thunders and couldnt be happier. More power, better sound, lots of stares.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
This picture shows it upside down.
Thanks
Kevin
Old 07-18-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my tsp's w/bullets, its the best sounding car in my car club and I got full coke can of clearance everywhere with no banging. I torqued all my band clamps down to 60ft. lbs and have no leaks. My header bolts like to come loose though.