Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do for exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do for exhaust?

First let me explain why my past catback doesnt work.
My car is lowered 1.25 inches
and the Strange 60 rearend is frigin large.

so the exhaust would always raddle off of it. (this was no problem with the 10 bolt)

but im thinking off a pre axle dump.

i was looking at the TSP x pipe but was wondering how the ground clearance would be on my lowered car? because right now with the pasesetter y pipe it doesnt scrap on anything i have came across.

or should i just purchase a bullet style muffler and bolt it to the y pipe and put a dump at the end?

really my question is.... Does the x pipe make the ls1 sound completely different? and should i worry about scraping?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:56 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends on what you can deal with. I have pics of my exhaust in the sig before it was run out the back. My car is lowered 1" in the rear and it had pretty good clearance. You can run them under the axle VERY easily (since the car is lowered 1.25") if you ever want to go out the back with them.

You can make the TSP system ride right but it takes alot of tinkering and what not.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:59 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1

You can make the TSP system ride right but it takes alot of tinkering and what not.
BFH method

PS: Casey I am tired.....