Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2OTL muffler & tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2OTL muffler & tips

Does anywhere sell JUST the 2OTL muffler and tips? I know you can still buy the whole catback setup from TSP. Also, does anyone know if i can take my LM resonator out and just put the rest of the 2OTL on or will I have to do some fabbing?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farnoush
Does anywhere sell JUST the 2OTL muffler and tips? I know you can still buy the whole catback setup from TSP. Also, does anyone know if i can take my LM resonator out and just put the rest of the 2OTL on or will I have to do some fabbing?
Pretty much every place I've checked is out of the catback. Many company's sites still advertise that they have it, but they do not. I called TSP about 3-4 months ago because their site showed them as having it, but they told me that it simply hadn't been updated and that they no longer had it, nor could they get it. As you may know, SLP no longer makes it and most vendors completely sold out of it. I had a muffler/tips for sale recently, but it sold about a month ago. I still have a new muffler, but it's going on my car.

SLP still sold just the muffler up until recently (called the "replacement muffler", but was the 20TL muffler), but it looks as if they no longer have it. Your best bet is just to scour all the f-body boards in search of a used setup.

Once you get a setup (if it is just muffler and tips), you would have to do just a bit of fabbing to get it all to fit. The Loudmouth over-axle pipe won't work and the intermediate pipe will be too short when you cut out the resonator. It'd be cheaper to just have those parts made by an exhaust shop.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:08 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your best bet is going to be the parts for sale section.